Your safety during your visit to The Courthouse is our priority.
You can see our full COVID-19 Secure Visitor Guidelines by clicking here.
Our key guidelines are below:
- DO NOT enter The Courthouse if you or anyone in your household is currently or has suffered from Coronavirus symptoms in the last 10 days, or have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
- Maintain social distancing (1m+)
- Wear a face-covering, unless seated in our café, under 11 or exempt
- Follow the one-way systems and other signage around the building
- Sanitise your hands using our automatic dispensers
- Wash your hands more frequently, for at least 20 seconds
- Follow advice given by our staff, and let us know any concerns
As per Government guidelines, you have to wear a face covering inside The Courthouse and at our partner venues across the region, unless you are medically exempt (or whilst eating/drinking when seated).
You can download a copy of your current brochure for activities at The Courthouse by clicking here.
We hope to have contacted all customers with outstanding bookings to share with them details about rescheduling, or in some small circumstances, cancellations. If you haven’t heard from us, please email email@example.com
If you’re coming to a workshop, performance or screening or event, we strongly recommend that you book beforehand to avoid disappointment! This is particularly important while social distancing must be maintained, and for workshops where we need to make sure we have the correct amount of materials for everyone taking part.
You do not need to book to view an exhibition as these are free, and open all day, 10am-4pm, Tuesday-Saturday.
We currently do not take bookings in our café, although if you have access needs, we recommend you call in advance if there are any adjustments that you need us to make.
We don’t currently have any bicycle racks but you are more than welcome to leave your bike in our walled front garden whilst you visit The Courthouse. Please note there are some railings that you can affix your bike to but all property is left at your own risk.
We have invested in significant improvements to our Grade II listed home to make it as accessible as possible.
- Blue Badge Parking on site
- Step free access in, out and around the building
- A lift to our first floor
- A ‘Changing Place’ accessible bathroom on the ground floor
- A large accessible bathroom on the first floor
- A Hearing Loop in The Courthouse
- Staff with Dementia Friends training
- A ‘Quiet Space’ available during workshops, performances and screenings
If you require Blue Badge parking, this must be booked in advance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01845 526 536 on the day.
We’re always working to become more accessible. If you have any suggestions or would like to let us know about any access requirements, please email email@example.com or call 01845 526 536.
We offer concessionary pricing to performances and screenings for the following groups:
- Under 25s
- Full time students
- Disabled people
- Unemployed people
- Over 65s
If you’re interested in getting involved with our visual arts workshops, take a look at our free projects by clicking here.
Carer or essential companion tickets to all of our activities are free but if the carer or companion would like to participate, an additional ticket must be purchased.
At the moment, we can only welcome assistance dogs to The Courthouse. We’re happy for you to leave your pooch at our watering station outside while you browse!
Should you wish to cancel your booking to an activity:
- If you wish to cancel your booking at any time more than 3 weeks before the activity your fee will be refunded, minus a £5 administration charge
- Alternatively, you can transfer the full fee to another activity, or keep the booking as credit for future use, without incurring a charge.
- If you wish to cancel your booking at any time less than 3 weeks before the activity, your fee cannot be refunded. Depending on availability, you may be able to transfer its value to another activity or keep it as credit against a future activity.
- Cancellations of bookings made using Gift Vouchers will not result in a cash refund. The same conditions regarding the timing of refund/exchange requests above apply to bookings made via Gift Voucher
- The only exception to the conditions of refund/exchange requests outlined above is those made within 14 days of the original booking, which can be transferred to another activity or refunded in full without penalty under the Credit Consumer Act
As a small charity who has to generate 40% of our own income each year, we’re grateful for your understanding.
We accept cash, card, contactless and gift voucher. Our Gift Vouchers can be spent on absolutely any of our products or activities – find out more by clicking here.
We’re always trying to be more family friendly.
- Free nappies, nappy bags and wet wipes
- A changing unit
- A children’s menu
- Books and games (once COVID restrictions relax
The Courthouse is breastfeeding friendly
We love receiving little visitors! We’re very happy for you to bring your buggy/pram however we do have limited space so sometimes it may not be possible to keep your buggy/pram by you if you are seated.
Due to Coronavirus restrictions, we are currently unable to facilitate group visits. Please do check back at another time, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a specific request.
We offer a range of fully-equipped rooms to suit every kind of event, from small meetings to large functions. What’s more, by booking your corporate, creative or private event at The Courthouse, you’ll be supporting a local charity!
You can find out more about each of our spaces by clicking here.
If you’re interested in hiring on of our great spaces, please email Angela Holt, Operations Manager, email@example.com
Our shop features work from over 60 wonderful designer-makers but we’re always on the lookout for exciting new products.
We currently stock a diverse range of ceramics, jewellery, glass, textiles, prints, papier-mâché and much more.
The majority of work we stock is on a sale or return basis. When sales are made, we give 60% of the retail price to the artist and retain 40% as commission. Please take this into consideration when pricing your work.
If you’re interested in selling your work with us please email Angela Holt, Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download a copy of our current brochure for ON Tour by returning to this page once our Autumn 2021 season is announced!
Making an account on our website is easy. To help you, we’ve made a short guide, which you can access by clicking here.