Your safety during your visit to The Courthouse is our priority.
You can see our full COVID-19 Secure Visitor Guidelines by clicking here.
The key guidelines we encourage you to observe are:
- Follow the one-way systems and other signage around the building
- Sanitise your hands using our dispensers
- Keep your distance from those outside your household/bubble where possible
- Wear a face-covering where possible, particularly in crowded areas as per Government guidance
- Follow advice given by our staff, and let us know any concerns
We encourage the wearing of face coverings, where possible, at The Courthouse.
The Government “expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas”.
The Courthouse can get busy, so we ask you to consider whether this Government guidance applies to your visit or activity.
Our staff generally wear face coverings, although exceptions and exemptions apply.
Customers in our shop and café, and visitors to our exhibitions, are encouraged to practice social distancing via floor stickers.
Social distancing or separation via acrylic screen can be provided at our workshops, performances and live screenings.
Please request this in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org / 01845 526 536) to ensure we can prepare the space accordingly.
You can download a copy of our brochure of activities at The Courthouse for September 2021 – January 2022 by clicking here.
For the most accurate location, please click the link below.
This what3words address refers to a 3 metre square location. Tap the link or enter the 3 words into the free what3words app to find it.
We hope to have contacted all customers with outstanding bookings to share with them details about rescheduling, or in some small circumstances, cancellations. If you haven’t heard from us, please email email@example.com
If you’re coming to a workshop, performance or screening or event, we strongly recommend that you book beforehand to avoid disappointment! This is particularly important while social distancing must be maintained, and for workshops where we need to make sure we have the correct amount of materials for everyone taking part.
You do not need to book to view an exhibition as these are free, and open all day, 10am-4pm, Tuesday-Saturday.
We currently do not take bookings in our café, although if you have access needs, we recommend you call in advance if there are any adjustments that you need us to make.
We don’t currently have any bicycle racks but you are more than welcome to leave your bike in our walled front garden whilst you visit The Courthouse. Please note there are some railings that you can affix your bike to but all property is left at your own risk.
We have invested in significant improvements to our Grade II listed home to make it as accessible as possible.
- Blue Badge Parking on site
- Step free access in, out and around the building
- A lift to our first floor
- A ‘Changing Place’ accessible bathroom on the ground floor
- A large accessible bathroom on the first floor
- A Hearing Loop in The Courthouse
- Staff with Dementia Friends training
- A ‘Quiet Space’ available during workshops, performances and screenings
If you require Blue Badge parking, this must be booked in advance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01845 526 536 on the day.
We’re always working to become more accessible. If you have any suggestions or would like to let us know about any access requirements, please email email@example.com or call 01845 526 536.
We offer concessionary pricing to performances and screenings for the following groups:
- Under 25s
- Full time students
- Disabled people
- Unemployed people
- Over 65s
If you’re interested in getting involved with our visual arts workshops, take a look at our free projects by clicking here.
Carer or essential companion tickets to all of our activities are free but if the carer or companion would like to participate, an additional ticket must be purchased.
At the moment, we can only welcome assistance dogs to The Courthouse. We’re happy for you to leave your pooch at our watering station outside while you browse!
Should you wish to cancel your booking to an activity:
- If you wish to cancel your booking at any time more than 3 weeks before the activity your fee will be refunded, minus a £5 administration charge
- Alternatively, you can transfer the full fee to another activity, or keep the booking as credit for future use, without incurring a charge.
- If you wish to cancel your booking at any time less than 3 weeks before the activity, your fee cannot be refunded. Depending on availability, you may be able to transfer its value to another activity or keep it as credit against a future activity.
- Cancellations of bookings made using Gift Vouchers will not result in a cash refund. The same conditions regarding the timing of refund/exchange requests above apply to bookings made via Gift Voucher
- The only exception to the conditions of refund/exchange requests outlined above is those made within 14 days of the original booking, which can be transferred to another activity or refunded in full without penalty under the Credit Consumer Act
As a small charity who has to generate 40% of our own income each year, we’re grateful for your understanding.
We accept cash, card, contactless and gift voucher. Our Gift Vouchers can be spent on absolutely any of our products or activities – find out more by clicking here.
We’re always trying to be more family friendly.
- Free nappies, nappy bags and wet wipes
- A changing unit
- A children’s menu
- Books and games (once COVID restrictions relax
The Courthouse is breastfeeding friendly
We love receiving little visitors! We’re very happy for you to bring your buggy/pram however we do have limited space so sometimes it may not be possible to keep your buggy/pram by you if you are seated.
Due to Coronavirus restrictions, we are currently unable to facilitate group visits. Please do check back at another time, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a specific request.
We offer a range of fully-equipped rooms to suit every kind of event, from small meetings to large functions. What’s more, by booking your corporate, creative or private event at The Courthouse, you’ll be supporting a local charity!
You can find out more about each of our spaces by clicking here.
If you’re interested in hiring on of our great spaces, please email Angela Holt, Operations Manager, email@example.com
Our shop features work from over 60 wonderful designer-makers but we’re always on the lookout for exciting new products.
We currently stock a diverse range of ceramics, jewellery, glass, textiles, prints, papier-mâché and much more.
The majority of work we stock is on a sale or return basis. When sales are made, we give 60% of the retail price to the artist and retain 40% as commission. Please take this into consideration when pricing your work.
If you’re interested in selling your work with us please email Angela Holt, Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download a copy of our September 2021 – January 2022 brochure for ON Tour here.
Making an account on our website is easy. To help you, we’ve made a short guide, which you can access by clicking here.