Eco-printing (Sat 17th June)
Date: Saturday, June 17, 2023
Venue: The Courthouse
Please bring a supply of leave oak, chestnut, maple, smoke bush, dogwood, wild geraniums, rose & blackberry, marigolds but no waxy leaves, anything growing in your garden to experiment with. A carrier bag full is the ideal amount.
In this full-day summer workshop learn all about the unique process of eco-printing using leaves.
Your tutor Carol Ann, will guide you through the process of nature-based printing, by demonstrating the mordanting and steaming involved of the fabric and paper. The process is unpredictable and results in a subtle colour palette suggestive of alchemy and traditional fabric staining. You will experiment wrapping leaf collections into bundles, producing a series of samples.
- Artist Websites: www.carolannjallan.com
- Artist Instagram: @carolannjallan
- Artist Facebook: /CarolAnnJAllan/
Suitable For: This workshop is suitable for those with no prior knowledge of textiles or dyeing techniques.
- Please see above for details on what supply of leaves to bring along.
- Clothing is at risk of staining so please dress appropriately in an apron, bring rubber gloves and also a plastic bag to take away wet items.
- Carol Ann will supply all fabric as it has to be prepared for dyeing beforehand.
£60 (£50 + £10 materials)