April Artist of the Month workshop: Petal Photography
Date: Saturday, April 29, 2023
Time: 10am - 1pm
Venue: The Courthouse
Feel free to bring your own pressed petals to the workshop if you wish. You will also need to bring along your own camera or cameraphones. A macro lens is useful if you have one, although beginners can create interesting images using a cameraphone.
Join Lee, the April artist of the month in our Cafe Collection (p.16), to use pressed flower petals, shaped onto glass to create stunning abstracts.
In this flower photography workshop with a twist, your tutor Lee will introduce you to the technique of ‘painting’ with petals, regardless of your artistic ability.
You will be provided with petals fallen or gathered from forget-me-nots, dandelions, poppies, roses, tulips and primroses and pressed until dry You will be guided in using a paintbrush to shape the petals into interesting figures and forms, patterns and abstracts, ready for photographing using only daylight.
Please bring own cameras/cameraphones. For best results, a camera with a macro lens is preferred. However, a camera phone can be used.
- Websites: www.saatchionline.com/leekarenstow (art photography) www.leekarenstow.com (documentary photography)
- Instagram: @leekarenstownews
- Lee is currently featured as our Artist of the Month in our cafe space. So make sure to take a look at her work before your workshop!
- Please make sure to refer to the “what to bring” section on this page before attending the workshop.
- A pre-order form will be available at each session should you wish to buy lunch in our cafe after your workshop. You can view our menu here
All levels but basic photography skills are an advantage.