AT THE COURTHOUSE
The Courthouse in Thirsk is the home of Rural Arts, and is a friendly, vibrant venue with an award-winning café, gallery, shop and event space.
Rural Arts offers a programme of workshops, performances, events and exhibitions for all ages and abilities, which take place regularly and are all based here, at The Courthouse.
A LITTLE HISTORY
Built in 1885, Thirsk’s former Courthouse and Magistrate’s House was renovated in 2000, creating a cultural hub for Thirsk. As well as the activties hosted at The Courthouse, it is also used as a base for a range of workshops and events taken out into the community across North Yorkshire, including Rural Arts touring scheme ON Tour.
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
- a short walk from Thirsk Market Place
- local parking
- disabled parking, access and toilet
- free WiFi
- games, books and activities for children
- children’s menu
- high chair & baby changing facilities
- space for meetings, events and conferences