Vacancies & Get Involved
Whatever it is you’re into, whether it’s creative or not and you’re keen to join us, we’d love to hear from you! Fill in the form to the right with the areas you would be interested in volunteering in, and we will be in touch.
GRAPHIC DESIGN AND MARKETING INTERNSHIP
- Closing date: Friday 6th January
- Interview date: Monday 16th January
- Start date: Monday 30th January with a handover day on Friday 4th February
Rural Arts is looking for a creative and enthusiastic design and marketing intern who is organised and proactive. You must be able to work well on your own as well as part of a team.
You will be responsible for the organisation’s design and marketing - from making signs for our café and gallery to designing our seasonal programmes, posting pictures on Instagram to writing press releases.
The role will include, but not limited to:
- Developing our branding and promotional material
- Designing/printing promotional material for all business areas
- Promoting our activity across all the business areas
- Maintaining and updating our website
- Using the web and social media as a marketing tool
- Building ‘useful contacts’ databases
- Developing and implementing our marketing strategy for all areas of business
- Any other duties that may from time to time be required by the Director
- To actively promote the aims of Rural Arts and contribute to their overall achievement through its business objectives.
- Have a degree or HND in Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – mainly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- A keen interest and experience of using social media – eg Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Experience in MailChimp would be beneficial but not essential
- To be able to work to tight deadlines
- We'd love to see a few examples of your work with your application (PDF / JPG attachments)
The position is based at The Courthouse (Rural Arts) in Thirsk.
Working hours are 4 days (30 hours) a week between Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm
Salary (dependent on age – National Minimum Wage)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and how to apply.