The former Courtroom mixes contemporary decor with beautiful original plasterwork and is the perfect venue for your corporate, creative or private event.
Our superbly restored former courtroom is now a light and airy contemporary space (6m x 9.55m); it's ideal for hosting large meetings, networking events and small conferences.
Theatre style: 70 people
Boardroom style: 35 people
Classroom style: 50 people
Chairs in a circle: 50 people
Hire charge: £27.50
• Live and encore video via satellite and internet
• Playback via Blu-ray
• Audio - 5.1 Surround Sound
• Video - Full HD Projection
- Refreshments available from cafe
- Catering (hot or cold buffet lunch/afternoon tea with locally sourced produce and home-baked cakes) to suit your requirements
- Full disabled access and disabled toilet
- Loading and unloading access
- Low-cost parking nearby
Planning Your Visit
Rural Arts is in The Courthouse, Thirsk. It is a short walk from the market place, and is located on Westgate. Walking out of the market place towards the Ritz Cinema, turn right, pass Thirsk Town Hall on the left, and Calverts Carpets on the right, and Rural Arts is situated 20metres down on the left hand side.
Coming from Tesco, head to the mini roundabout to the right of Tesco fuel station. At the mini roundabout turn left, and Rural Arts is across the road from here.
- A short walk from Thirsk Market Place
- Local parking
- Disabled parking, access and toilet
- Games, books and activities for children
- Children’s menu
- Baby changing facilities
- High chair