Want to make a difference in your community?
Develop your confidence and experience?
Support us to achieve our vision of creativity in every community in North Yorkshire?
Rural Arts’ volunteers are integral to how we enrich lives and connect communities through inspiring and inclusive creative opportunities.
Each year, we provide over 400 events and activities at our community arts centre in Thirsk, which is also home to our award-winning café, gallery shop and rooms to hire.
Alongside this, we bring 70 performances per year to rural venues and lead a range of wellbeing and employment initiatives to support vulnerable people.
We’re always on the lookout for volunteers who want to help us connect communities with the arts.
Whatever you’re into, and however much you can help, we’d love to hear from you.
We love volunteers who can:
- Support at our workshops and art clubs
- Lend a hand in our shop or café
- Take tickets or serve refreshments at performances and screenings
- Distribute leaflets and posters
- Help out in the office with marketing and other tasks
- Give TLC and carry out little repairs to our beautiful Grade II listed building, The Courthouse
- Fundraise through sponsored events, bake sales, baked bean baths…
And much more! If it’s not listed here, but you think it’d help – we’d love to hear from you.
As a volunteer, we can offer you:
Volunteering with us provides an opportunity to do something meaningful for your community. Volunteering can also increase your confidence, skills and provide you with new challenges.
By volunteering with Rural Arts, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a community
- Make a difference
- Develop new skills, experience and increase employability
- Gain confidence
- Meet new people
- Have fun!
Volunteers also receive free or discounted access to our activities, and refreshments/a meal while you’re with us.