Refunds and Cancellation Policy
This policy is effective from 25/02/22. If you made your purchase prior to this date, please contact email@example.com.
I want to cancel my booking for an upcoming activity
We’re sorry you want to cancel your booking. To cancel your booking, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01845 526 536.
As a small charity, we rely on the generous income we receive from customers booking to attend events. Therefore, we greatly appreciate when customers are able to either transfer the value of their booking to another activity, retain it as credit against future activity, or donate it to support our charitable aims, rather than requesting a refund.
We have different terms depending on how long between when you tell us you want to cancel, and the date of the activity in question.
- If you wish to cancel your booking and there is more than 3 weeks until the date of the event, and you are not able to accept a transfer, credit and do not wish to donate the value of your booking, you can request a refund. A £5 administration charge will be deducted from your refund. Alternatively, at this time, you can transfer to another activity, or keep the value as credit / request it as a Gift Voucher for future use, without incurring a charge.
- If you wish to cancel your booking at any time less than 3 weeks before the activity, your fee cannot be refunded.
- If you wish to cancel your booking less than 3 weeks but more than 2 weeks before the activity, you can transfer the value of your booking to another activity, or keep the value as credit for future use (lasting up to 1 year).
- If you wish to cancel your booking less than 2 weeks before the activity, you forfeit the value of your booking. This is because as a small charity, it is important that we can be confident of our income and outgoings, and refunds, transfers and credits this close to an activity are destabilising. In this scenario, you may wish to consider gifting your place to someone or making an alternative arrangement with them. We will not, however, refund your place and charge them instead. If the person attending the activity changes, we are grateful of you letting us know by contacting us using the details above.
- The same conditions apply for activities paid for using Gift Vouchers or credit, however cancellations of such bookings will not result in a cash refund, even when the cancellation is requested more than three weeks before the activity. Instead, you will receive the relevant value as a Gift Voucher or in credit.
We understand that there are exceptional circumstances and encourage you to get in touch with us to discuss if you are impacted.
Further, for online bookings only, all above policies are overridden if you wish to cancel your booking within 14 days of purchase.
Whilst we would encourage you to transfer the value of your booking to another activity, or retain its value as credit or donate it to Rural Arts, if you made your purchase online within the last 14 days, you can request a full cash refund from Rural Arts, regardless of how close to the activity your request may be. This is a statutory ‘cooling off’ right for distance sales.
For more about your statutory rights to a refund, click here.
Transfers and Credits
The activity/activities you can transfer onto depend on the current public availability. A member of the Team can advise you of this.
If the value of the new activity is greater than your original booking, you will be required to pay the difference. (If you have additional Rural Arts’ credit or Gift Vouchers, you may use these).
If the value of the new activity is less than your original booking, you can either donate the difference to Rural Arts, or receive the value as credit to use against future activity.
Our standard gift vouchers and credits are valid for one year following the date of issue. You may use your voucher or credit to book on future activities as long as the booking is made within the expiry date of the voucher.
If you accept a credit, you cannot request it be changed into a cash refund at a later date for any reason, excepting if you made the original purchase less than 14 days ago and via our website (see ‘cooling off’ above).
Should Rural Arts need to cancel an activity
In the event that Rural Arts needs to cancel your activity, in the first instance we will endeavour to reschedule the aforementioned at a time and date that suits all attendees.
If this is not possible, we will transfer the value of your payment to another activity/activities of your choice (subject to availability). If this is unsuitable, you can either keep the value of the booking as credit against any future activity, or request a refund.
Shop Refunds or Exchanges
Exchanges are possible up to 14 days after your purchase. If you change your mind within 14 days, or are returning faulty goods, you can request a refund under the Consumer Credit Act.
The only exception to this is earrings, which cannot be returned or exchanged due to hygiene reasons.
If you are returning goods purchased with a gift voucher, a cash refund cannot be made but the voucher can be transferred to something else.
We may share your data with third parties for marketing or administrative purposes, such as sharing your information with a venue that you have booked to attend an event at. We may also anonymise and share your data with our funders to help us demonstrate our impact and secure future funding. You can view our full website and privacy policies here.